Today we have written acrostic poems. We chose one of these words as our theme word: Winter, Snow, Icy, Frost, Snowman.
Last year I wrote an acrostic poem to explain what an acrostic poem is. I'm quite proud of it so I've published it here for you to read.
Always fun to do
Creative sentences about a theme
Rhymes can be fun - can you think of one?
One letter is always more tricky than the rest
Short, sharp, punchy lines work well
Theme word is very important
I’m running out of ideas
Can’t think of anything else
Perhaps this wasn’t a good theme word
Oh no! Two more letters to go
Each idea needs to be related to the theme
Maybe I’ll use onomatopoeia to finish with a BANG!
Which language features can you see that I've used? I might have used: similes, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia, rhyme and rhythm. Did I use precise words?
No comments:
Post a Comment